Give and Take is a brand new game in Pretty Good Solitaire v15.20. It is like Interchange, but also with redeals. In this case, the first time through the deck cards are dealt 3 at a time from the stock to the waste pile, then there is a redeal, then cards are dealt 2 at a time, then another redeal, then cards are dealt one at a time until done.
Give and Take is a much easier game than Interchange, but much harder than Unlimited.
Forty-Nine changes the tableau building method, just as Breakwater does. In Forty-Nine, building in the tableau is by alternate color. This makes Forty-Nine harder than Breakwater (which is regardless of suit), but easier than Interchange (by suit). Even so, Forty-Nine is still not an easy game.
Version 15.20 adds 10 new games, for a total of 880 games. This is the 20th anniversary version of Pretty Good Solitaire.
The new games are:
- Cousin Fred - a variation of the popular game Fred's Spider.
- Give and Take - a variation of the game Interchange with Gold Rush style redeals.
- Hera - a variation of the Klondike type game Athena.
- Inverted Canfield - a variation of Canfield with the building directions reversed.
- Lake Towers - a version of Sea Towers with no foundation piles.
- Old Fashioned - a somewhat easier version of the very hard game Auld Lang Syne.
- Ozymandias - an easier version of the game Rainbow.
- Russian Twist - a variation of the Yukon type game Russian Solitaire.
- Three Strikes - a FreeCell type game with 3 cells.
- Twenty Piles - a two deck FreeCell game with 20 piles.
Version 15.20 is a free upgrade for users who originally ordered version 13 (ordered since April 12, 2011) or have paid for an upgrade since that time. It is not a free upgrade for users who originally ordered version 12 or below.
The quick way to determine whether you need to upgrade to use version 15.20 is to look at your registration code. If your registration code starts with "43", "42", "2a", "2r", or "2g", the upgrade is free and your registration code will work in version 15. Otherwise, you need to upgrade. If you registration code starts with "27", "2p", or "2m", version 13 was a free upgrade but version 14 or 15 is not. If your code worked in version 14, it will work in version 15.